Thursday, June 27, 2013

Christmas not so fun tradition

Christmas 1957 or 1958
Oh, I remember that I always wanted to have the tree and decorations up way earlier than we ever got to have them up.  Maybe that is why I start so early and decorate everything! 

We could get up early and see what Santa brought us but it was forever before we got to open gifts.  
We had to have breakfast, sit at a very nicely set table that had a little gift by our plates.  
Then DO THE DISHES, then GET DRESSED. 
 As you can see we were dressed in real clothes and Mother you had on a perfect outfit. 
 I bet it was afternoon before we could open gifts.  I just remember it being a killer waiting. 
 I quickly axed those tradition, feel lucky Schofield children and grandchildren.
jody
P.S. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment