Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Today would of been your  96th birthday! 
 Well on the 9th of June.  Your birth certificate says that you were born June 6, l917 in Puyallup, Washington.   We always celebrated your birthday on the 9th.  I wonder why, maybe something mysterious.  As I look at your birth certificate I see that your father,
W.E. Gwynn age 32 worked for the city and your mother Grace Payne age 30 was a housewife.  Baby number 3 and I bet your parents were so excited.  If your birthday really was June 6 that means you spent 3 more days on earth than you thought.  
You have been gone now 15 years as you left us March 6, 1998.  I miss you, sometimes a lot! 
 I panicked the other day thinking that I am forgetting you. 
 I will never forget you but maybe things about you as I get older.  But you are part of my soul and the person that I am.  I see your face.  I see your smile.  I even know your smell.   I hear your voice but I can't remember your laugh. I want to remember you and things about you always. 
 So we are going to write our memories of you.
jody
p.s. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment